Tuesday 29 July 2014

Some Frustrating News

Hi all. I got some bad news today, after a few weeks of having problems with numbness in my right hand I was diagnosed as having a combination of lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow) and carpal tunnel syndrome. This relates to the amount of data entry and typing I do in my daytime work, but unfortunately it also means I will have to moderate the amount of time I spend at the keyboard after hours as well.

You might not even see any change here, because I generally write these entries as I construct the garments, and type a little bit each time I sit down to work at each garment over the space of a week or so. If the frequency of the reconstructions slow a little it's just because in the short term I might be slowing the pace of sewing and writing. I start physiotherapy immediately, so I'm hoping this will be taken care of fairly quickly.

Some happier news, my next project is about 90% done already so it should be up in the next few days.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to read of your setback, hopefully some treatment will bring great results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Neil! The physio and splint seems to be helping.

    ReplyDelete